Friday, May 15, 2009

Quick Note for Week of May 18th

We WILL have a reading quiz on Tuesday, May 19th. It will cover books I & II of Heart of Darkness. I will probably also ask basic questions (like who wrote this or that poem?) about the assigned poetry.

Because of the senior holiday on Thursday, the unit test (incorporating all of Heart of Darkness, the Victorian poets mentioned in last week's entries, and all of Dorian Gray) will be on Tuesday the 26th.

Also on the 26th, have your letters to yourselves sealed and ready to give to me. I will count it as two quiz grades--easy 100s. Address the letters to yourselves (via your family)--considering that you will read these ten years from now. It's up to you what to include. I will not read your letters.

Your letters to yourselves will be due on the same day as you will be taking the unit test--on Tuesday, May 26th. This assignment will count as two quiz grades.